2018 Sauvignon Blanc

Analysis: Alcohol: 13.5% | PH: 3.0 | Titratable acidity: 5.9 g/L

Bottling Date: March 28, 2019

Cellaring: 1-3 years

Tasting Notes:

Bright, fresh and intense Sauvignon Blanc with aromas of passion fruit, lemon, cilantro and basil, grapefruit and crunchy green beans with subtle floral, gooseberry and honeydew melon notes with a complex flinty minerality. Dry, crisp and lively on the palate with fresh lemon zest, pea shoots, nectarine and hints of tropical papaya and pineapple finish with a long, zingy, wet stone minerality. Pair this with BC spot prawns with citrus and cilantro or a golden beet and goat cheese salad with fresh basil.

Wine Making:

2018 was a moderate growing season that started with early bud-break, and a warmer than average May. The season cooled during the summer months and rebounded with favourable September and October temperatures. The cooperative weather allowed us to retain acidity and grow high-quality fruit with increased crop levels. While the sun and heat create intense fruit flavours, the cool evenings preserve the natural acidity in the grapes keeping the wine fresh and lively.


The Sauvignon Blanc grapes were picked by hand on September 25, 26, and 27th from Keremeos. During harvest there was a hungry black bear competing with our pickers for the best fruit off the vines. Once safely back to the crush pad, the grapes were hand sorted and gently pressed for juice extraction. A small portion (12%) of the grapes were cold soaked overnight for 12 hours. Most of the juice (95%) was then gravity fed into stainless steel tanks while the other 5% went into oak. The Sauvignon Blanc was left to ferment for about three weeks during which time temperatures ranged from 12 to 22 degrees Celsius. The wine was finally left to age for six months, then filtered, fined and stabilized before being bottled.

Individual Bottle Images

Large (3 MB)